Meosphere’s Collection of Information
In order to provide quality services and products, Meosphere collects personal information from its users. We collect, retain, and use information about you solely for the purpose of better understanding our users and their use of this web site. We consider your data to be private and confidential, and we hold ourselves to the highest standards of trust and fiduciary duty. Meosphere may collect the following types of information:
- Information provided by the user:
- When you create your own Meosphere, or sign up for another Meosphere service that requires registration, we request personal information. This information may include your name, email address, gender, zip code, occupation, personal interests, gender, and birth date.
- We may also combine your submitted information with information we receive from third parties. We use this information to provide you with quality service and to improve your Meosphere experience.
- Information automatically collected by Meosphere:
- In addition to the information you submit, we also collect automatic information based on your interaction with the web site. This information may include information regarding your transactions with us and our business partners.
- We may also collect information that your browser sends to us in the form of server logs. Server logs include information regarding your web requests, IP address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your visit.
- At Meosphere, we collect certain information about you through the use of "cookies," which are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We use this collected information to provide better services to you by customizing advertising and content, conducting research, providing internal reporting, contacting you, and improving services.
Meosphere’s Use of Information
The information we collect is very important to our service to you. Meosphere only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Meosphere in the following circumstances:
- Business affiliates: We provide information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and trusted partners under confidentiality agreements. Future services developed by Meosphere may also make use of user information.
- Business transfers: In the future, we may sell or buy additional services. In these transactions, it is common to transfer user information as one of the business assets. If Meosphere LLC or its assets are acquired, user information may be one of the transferred assets.
- Law enforcement: We will share personal information where it is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Meosphere, its users, or the public, as required or permitted by law.
Effective April 21, 2000, a new law puts you in charge of the personal information we collect from your children under 13. To see the Federal Trade Commission’s description of this new law and how you can protect your child’s privacy,click here.
If a child under the age of 13 attempts to create a Meosphere, or to register for other Meosphere services, we request that he or she obtain permission from a parent or guardian before registering for the service. This allows you to talk with your children under 13 about the information Meosphere collects and decide together if it is information you want to give.
We do not ask children under the age of 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in the services. This information may include the child’s email address, age, birthday, and gender, but will not include the child’s name, physical address, or telephone number. Some of the information provided is discretionary and may be excluded when signing up for Meosphere services. Exclusion of requested information may limit, partially or completely, the services that Meosphere is able to provide to your child.
Choices for personal Information
When you use Meosphere services, we make efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and to correct inaccurate information or to delete information at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. You may decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Meosphere may not be able to provide those services to you.
You can edit the personal information you provide by logging into your account at any time. You can also adjust your email preferences if you do not want to receive email from us. You can close your account by logging in and following the instructions for removing your account.
Changes to the Policy